Tuesday, September 7, 2004

Long, Long Weekend

What a waste of three days.



Okay, so I got a metric TON of sleep; I got the basement cleaned; much TV was watched, kilowatts of electricity were consumed by the window A/C in the pursuit of coolness. Other than that, I can think of nothing I did that would contribute to the world in the least, unless you consider "depleting the world's Pepsi supply" to be a contribution.



LJ got the car windows fixed--first thing Saturday morning, as a matter of fact. I was most impressed. Of course, he had to be subjected to Gladys's Just-Talked-To-Terrence-Who-Is-A-Rotten-Male-So-By-Association-All-Males-Are-Suspect Quiz--you know, the one about "so why would they target OUR truck, and NO OTHER vehicles, and not take ANYTHING? Might there be some vengeful female-type involved here?" Of course he said no; of course I have little choice but to believe him. As I said to him later: "Not only would I NOT spy on you, but you've got it set up so that I couldn't even if I WANTED to. Which is probably just how you want it." He laughed, but actually we had a few good conversations over the past few days, and I feel better than I have in a while. (And no matter WHAT happens, I've seen through Terrence once and for all. He showed HIS hand quite completely, and I don't think he even knows it.)



More soon--but since I have to go into work tomorrow early to make up for something that didn't get done because I spent two hours reading McSweeney's, it's now Bedtime for Gladys.

No comments:

Post a Comment