Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Ten Things You Probably Don't Know About Me

This got started from a post over here--I can't resist a challenge. (Jen's are way better than mine, however.)



1. My big toe is shorter than my second toe. Apparently it's a genetic thing, but I don't think too many people who have this, have it to such a great extent as I do--it's a good 3/4 inch shorter than the one next to it.



2. Through most of the time I was a heroin addict, I was also a junior high teacher.



3. I have slept with a man who later turned out to be a murderer. It was a fairly high-profile case a couple of years ago--the guy killed his brother--and even when I dated him I could tell there was something not-right there.



4. Though I hate most vegetables, I love spinach.



5. In the 1988 presidential election, the first time I was eligible to vote, I voted for George Bush Sr. I have apologized for this misdeed many times since, but I'm still pretty sure I'm going to hell for it.



6. My first boyfriend was top dog on the school chess team. He was nowhere near as geeky as this makes him sound.



7. I once lost a wallet containing upwards of $800. (If you find it, would you make sure it gets back to me, please? I could use the money.)



8. My first car lasted me slightly more than a month. It was a 1985 Ford Tempo and one day as I drove to an orthodontist appointment, the engine spontaneously burst into flames. No one ever quite figured out why.



9. Though I've never had a sexual experience with another female, I consider myself bisexual--it's just that the opportunity has never come up. When JP and I lived together, we used to speculate as to whether our friend Sophia would be amenable...alas, it never happened.



10. As a child, I was always jealous of the "Brady Bunch" kids because they had so many brothers and sisters and always had someone to play with. And I always wanted to be one of the Partridge Family, though I thought it was grossly unfair for the little girl to get stuck with the tambourine.



6 comments:

  1. What a great idea, that list! I may just have to steal the idea from you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen gets 100% of the credit for this idea. And an extra 5% bonus for phrasing it in the form of a dare, so I couldn't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and just for the record: not only is my second toe about three quarters of an inch longer than my big toe, my THIRD toe is about one quarter of an inch longer. I've heard them (long toes, not mine in particular) described as "Buddha toes" - signs of wisdom and impending enlightenment. Me, I just think you and I are just one step closer to being able to hang from branches by our feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, that wouldn't be my ONLY resemblance to a tree sloth.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Gladys, I think that those were my top ten, only my wife wasn’t really a murderer, just a little mayhem here and there. And of course the needle point work, most of us have been there before, the george b sr deal, well, no, but in California you can’t vote while incarcerated so it wasn’t my fault even if I could have, as of yet no bisexual tendencies, but I’m sorry to say I found a wallet with 1000 so it wasn’t yours unless it flew to LA and gained some weight, and I was in the brady bunch, that’s why I’m still in rehab!

    ReplyDelete