Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Now That I Think About It....

I'm not recanting my earlier belief that Maya Keyes shouldn't be made into a campaign issue.



However...



It's not as though she was hiding her orientation. She has posted photos of herself kissing another woman on her blog, despite the fact that her father was running for public office. Admittedly she didn't SPECIFICALLY mention her last name...but anyone who didn't fail connect-the-dots in kindergarten could pretty much put it all together--so clearly she wasn't too concerned with her anonymity.



Notice anything strange about my blog? That's right--there are no pictures of people. There are a few pictures: a quilt, a pipe in my basement, a dim shadow picture of my Christmas-lit house, and a very silly white cat acting the fool. If you can piece together my identity from those pictures, I've got a job for you over at CSI.



You'll find that I don't mention any real names. Or exactly where I work. Or exactly where I live. The best chance anyone would have of finding me from my blog posts would be to piece together my travel patterns from my CTA rantings, then ride those lines til they saw someone sorta fitting my description. And there are lots of fat sleepy white chicks riding the Purple Line--I think I'm safe.



So though I don't think Maya should be a campaign issue, I do think that the people who are yowling about "invasion of privacy" should think a little bit about what, allegedly, was so private.

No comments:

Post a Comment