Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Who The Hell's Bright Idea Was THAT?

My schedule has been fucked-with.



Used to be that the Fox affiliate in Chicago had a nice, peaceful progression of reruns to lull me to sleep at night. It was the _Simpsons_, then _That 70's Show_, _Seinfeld_, _Frasier_, and then _3rd Rock From the Sun_, if I was being a particularly bad stay-up-late girl.



That was tolerable. I could maybe watch the 10:00 news, if I'd missed the 9:00 for some reason, without feeling deprived--after all, I've memorized most of the Simpsons episodes anyway. And I always felt like I had a good excuse to stay up, because there was always something to watch.



Well, now they've gone and screwed it up. They moved _That 70's Show_ over to UPN, and they replaced it with--of all things--_Malcolm in the Middle_. I can't STAND that show. And they replaced _3rd Rock_ with _Cheers_--which was played-out after the three-hundred-ninety-fourth cycle on Nick at Nite.



I'm just lucky Cartoon Network shows _Futurama_ at 10:30...otherwise, I'd have to go to bed. And that would be a shame.

2 comments:

  1. Don't they normally change the syndicated lineups just after Labor Day? Granted they haven't changed too much recently, but I think you can count on changes each year. They probably got Cheers real cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it usuallly happens around that time. And it always, unfailingly, takes me by surprise. I was peeved when they put _That 70's Show_ on at 10:30 and moved _Seinfeld_ to 11--but I got over it. Not so with this _Malcolm_ shit. :)

    ReplyDelete